The Department of Labor in Montana understands that many people are still out of work and their state and is created an excellent online platform which will allow you to file for unemployment online. Gone are the days when you have to go and stand in line and wait for hours for someone to help you, thankfully now you can file for unemployment from your living room. Follow these steps to get started online:
- Go to ui4u.mt.gov .
- On home page click on “Start” link.
- Next, enter in your Social Security number and your date of birth and click “Continue”.
- Next enter your personal and contact details such as your first and last name, your street address, city, state and zip code.
- After entering in this information, enter in your e-mail address and your telephone number.
- Next, enter in your employer’s information such as the name of your supervisor, the employers address, and contact phone number.
- After this information has been entered and you will then be able to create a username and password for yourself.
- Choose all of the benefits that you would like to sign up for at this moment in time as well that are offered by Montana.
- After selecting all of these benefits you will then have the chance to choose five individual security questions and five answers that will allow you to recover your username and password in the event that you lose them.
The Department of Labor will then reach out to your former employer and tried to determine the reason that you are now collecting unemployment. If you are eligible for unemployment you will be reached out to by the Department of Labor who will then discuss with you all of the different options available for payment. You should know within 1 to 2 business days after filing your claim online. Whether or not you are in fact able to utilize unemployment insurance, the earlier you file. The quicker you will receive your payment. If you have any questions at any point, make certain that you call a number of customer services who will be able to help.